[fpc-pascal] MacOSX Console Output

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun May 5 23:52:58 CEST 2013

On 05/05/2013 22:45, md at rpzdesign.com wrote:
> Inside Lazarus 1.08/FPC 2.6.2, I cannot find where the console output
> is sent
> while on Mac OSX Lion.
>
> There is a debugger output window, but there does not seem to be a
> console output window while
> debugging a program.
>
> Where does writeln( ) output go?
>
> If I run the program from the terminal, then I see the console output,
> but not so during debugging.

See this page. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Debugger_Console_App

You can either redirect to a file, or to the pty of a terminal (which
you have to open)

You can also set the pty in the global options (read the note on 0.9.31)

Unfortunately, still no one knows how to create a virtual tty on MAC. So
it was not yet possible to add a proper way for the IDE to capture the
output.