[fpc-pascal] $LINKLIB or $LINK in Lazarus/FPC on Mac OSX

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Fri May 3 02:26:52 CEST 2013

Hello:

I am new to the list, I have posted on the forum, but I don't really
know where the center of gravity is for this FPC/Lazarus Community,
so I will post on the mailing lists as well.  And then I do not know if
the Mac List is well subscribed or just the general fpc-pascal list is
better
subscribed.

I am trying to compile C code with Xcode into a static library or static
object files.  I already have a mylib.a file ready to link
if I could just figure out the $LINKLIB syntax of dot.a library files.

I want to use either $LINKLIB or $LINK compiler directives to tell
freepascal/lazarus to link the code STATICALLY into my binary.

The $LINK would require an object file, so I would need to dig around
xcode to find out there the bloody thing puts the intermediate
object files (Maybe Mach-O?)

What I am trying to avoid is linking to a dylib dynamically.   Only
static linking for some portions of the code.

Thanks for any feedback,

md