[fpc-pascal] Win64 release of FPC 2.6.2 missing

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu May 2 11:07:52 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-02 09:43, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Lazarus and 64-bit FPC 2.6.0. I didn't want to read 10's of pages
>> on how to setup a cross compiler etc.
>
> You don't have to read anything, it works exactly the same as a
> regular compiler. Lazarus nor the compiler cares at all about what
> architecture the compiler binary is.

I did initially try to use it with Lazarus IDE. I setup Lazarus IDE by
pointing it to the cross-compiler, then tried to compile my project. It
failed - can't remember the error. In hindsight, it was probably because
I failed to specify a Target and OS platform in the "Project
Options|Compiler Settings" - not sure.

Anyway, not to waste time debugging that or reading docs, I simply built
a true 64-bit compiler. My project then compiled without problems.

> The Mac OS X 64-bit compilers are also cross-compilers (although the
> x86-64 binaries are actually a bit faster on Mac OS X, but it reduces

Any thoughts on why it is slower on Linux and Windows then? It is just a
lack of compiler optimisation?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/