[fpc-pascal] IPTables log parser?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:37:34 CET 2012

Hi list,

I noticed ik has started a project to manipulate Linux iptables firewall
rules... which got me thinking.

Is there any FreePascal/Delphi code lying around to parse IPtables log
output (e.g. in the /var/log/messages syslog file), e.g. into CSV format?

If not, I'll probably write my own... sometime... as I'm interested in
importing the stuff into a database using my favourite tool.

Yes, I like reinventing the wheel but:
1. I could use existing suff, e.g. the dshieldpy python project,
dshield.py, parse function...
2. Reinventing wheels can be fun and a learning experience...

Thanks,
Reinier