[fpc-pascal] Re: Help!!

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 16:08:44 CET 2012

On Tuesday, January 17, 2012, at 13:15 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> If the use case is closing the main form without quitting the
> application, then I would prefer a property
> TApplication.QuitApplicationWhenMainFormCloses or something like that.

My current use case is:
- show a login form
- when login succeeds, show a progress form (connection  initialization) and close login
- on failure: go back to login
- on success: show the actual application form and close the login form

Showing the "main" form always wouldn't seem nice. Starting the application with the
mainform hidden doesn't work afaik. You can hide it manually AFTER it was shown (.Hide),
but Visible=False is ignored on startup. This just doesn't look nice if the main form
pops up for a second to be hidden again. So I use the workflow described above, which
changes the current Application.MainForm several times.

--
Best Regards,
Andreas