[fpc-pascal] Postscriptcanvas

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:59:19 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM, David Copeland
<david.copeland at jsidata.ca> wrote:
> I had not thought that approach (a non-visual lcl program) to be
> possible, but I will try it. Would I use the Nogui widgetset?

No, it doesn't implement printing.

> Would such a program run on a host where X was not installed?

No

> I am targeting only Linux. I save the output to a file (SaveToFile). The user prints the
> file if needed.

Well, if you are not printing in your software then you are not doing
printing, only drawing. So the answer to my original questions should
have been "Drawing". So with your requirements using the LCL is
probably not necessary. If you are targeting only linux then you can
probably use a command line execution to print the file.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho