[fpc-pascal] convert "epoch" to UTC

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Jan 16 20:14:59 CET 2012

On 1/16/2012 13:38, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> waldo kitty wrote:
>
>> i think i might be able to do something with the JulianToDateTime once i get
>> the base year portion converted to a true julian... i spotted some C# code
>> while doing a bit of research earlier (see below)... it appears to convert the
>> year to a julian year and then add the decimal day portion... this should then
>> be a proper julian date which i should be able to handle ;)
>
> Don't know whether any of this will help

that actually looks very similar to some of my old TP/BP 6/7 time libraries that
i created because there was not much available out there when i needed it... the
one part that hit me the most was that the fractional days stuff is lost and
that's one part of what i'm looking for... however, i think i do have a method
to pull it out... maybe i can make it generic enough for use elsewhere where
decimal julian dates are used... i'm still coding it in my head and will be
putting fingers to keyboard in just a bit to actually put it into operation ;)

thanks for the input!