[fpc-pascal] installing FPC 2.6.0 on OS/2

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sat Jan 14 22:49:15 CET 2012

On Sat, January 14, 2012 18:38, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 1/14/2012 08:06, Tomas Hajny wrote:
 .
 .
>> Yes, that certainly makes sense. My point was mainly - could it be
>> that you have -FD option specified in fpc.cfg while it is missing in
>> fp.cfg (sorry, not fp.ini) and in effect for the compilation mode
>> selected in the IDE (NORMAL/DEBUG/RELEASE), or that you have this
>> option in both the files but pointing to different directories?
>
> ahhh... yes, i have taken great pains to ensure that all three default
> "stanzas"
> contain identical paths no matter which "selector" is chosen... i've only
> got
> one project that needs an additional path and that's because i've kept a
> portion
> of synapse local to it...
>
> however, those are only related to finding source files... i do see where
> i can
> specify a path for tools in fpc and it is set to the default... with my
> $FPCVERSION change... none of my fp.cfg files have -FD in them and i don't
> know
> that i know where it should appear...
>
> but this options hasn't been in the fp.cfg file ever that i know of...
> have i
> found another bug?

No, that isn't a bug, -FD isn't mandatory. It just allows specifying a
concrete installation of as and ld regardless of the PATH setting. That's
also why I asked about it - if fp.cfg had a reference to another directory
while fpc used just PATH based search, it could be a reason of the
different behaviour.

Is there any difference between ppas.cmd created by fp.exe and fpc.exe if
you add option -s to compilation from both? Any difference between
link.res file created in the two cases? Do you see any error messages from
the linker when running it from ppas.cmd created by fp.exe for compilation
with -s?

Tomas

Tomas