[fpc-pascal] Postscriptcanvas

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 14 17:35:29 CET 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012, david.copeland at jsidata.ca wrote:

> Micheal,
>
> Thank you. I was referring to LCL Postscriptcanvas unit which I use in GUI
> programs. When I tried to use it in a non-GUI program, it could not be
> found. Are these two really the same thing, or at least similar to use? If
> not the same, can you point me to any documentation or example code? I did
> find the source so I will try to puzzle it out from that.

They try to achieve the same thing. The API is necessarily similar,
since it is based on TFPCanvas.

I suppose that meanwhile the Lazarus version is more complete as there are
more people to support it, but it has more requirements as well.

I will see if it can be separated out of lazarus, so it has no GUI dependencies.

Michael.