[fpc-pascal] FPCUnit without Lazarus

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:54:42 CET 2012

On 08.01.2012 13:49, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Sunday 08 January 2012 13:35:49 schrieb Sven Barth:

>>> This was already some time discussed here and in my opinion this is the
>>> bottleneck of working with freepascal on linux.
>>
>> This is why I don't use the packages provided by my distribution (though
>> I just noticed that ArchLinux already provides 2.6.0 :) ), but install
>> them manually either by the *.tar installer provided with each release
>> or through "make install" if I'm working with a dev version. And I also
>> have a nice system to switch between versions easily ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven

> I tried ArchLinux, but stopped when this distribution wants to be configured
> manually. User-friendlyness is also the bottleneck of Linux.

I personally prefer this "manual configuration" to that provided by
distros like Ubuntu and such. My nearly 7 year old laptop runs much
faster with Arch than it did with Kubuntu (which was my first Linux
distro I fully used) as only those applications, services etc are
running that I truly need (and I don't use any desktop manager, only a
slim window manager ^^)

Regards,
Sven