[fpc-pascal] Building FPC on LFS system

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jan 30 18:22:46 CET 2011

On 30 Jan 2011, at 18:17, Geoffray Levasseur wrote:

> On Sunday 30 January 2011 14:49:29 Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Not really. The default -O2 will be pretty much optimal. Only if you have
>> an SSE3 capable cpu, you can add OPT="-Cfsse3" at the end of make command
>> line. It won't make much of a difference though, as it only affects
>> certain float to int conversions.
>>
> OK right just basic things so... Mayby any 64 bits optimizations (I'm thinking
> about a -m64 equivalent to gcc)?

ppcx64 will always generate code that is the equivalent of gcc -m64. For gcc -m32 code, you have to compile a ppc386 instead (bootstrap compiler is also available in the same directory). The generic compiler driver (similar to the "gcc" program for GCC) is called "fpc", and selecting the target processor happens using its -P option (-Pi386, -Px86_64). That one will call through to ppcx64, ppc386, ...

Jonas