[fpc-pascal] Permuted index (KWIC) of function descriptions

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jan 26 14:32:21 CET 2011

In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
> > simple one could look at kchmviewer)
>
> I used something called Perlfect Search for a while- which might fulfil
> Michael's criterion if Lazarus could handle Perl plugins :-)

Pascal, and pascal only. We might make exceptions for extremely common C
libraries on Unix but that is it.

If we were lenient with that, you now had to install Perl, Python, Ruby,
PHP, Java, .NET and LUA as well as cygwin just to be able run FPC/Lazarus on
Windows.

Programming is about programming, not about smartshopping. (unless you can
find somebody crazy enough to foot the bill for integration and support)

> As shipped though I think it was oriented towards word (rather than
> phrase) indexing, and it had a limit of 64K files.
> http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=27509

There should me more than enough decent C libs to port. No need to go to
extremes like Perl.