[fpc-pascal] D-Bus. Non blocking listening for signals

dibo20 at wp.pl dibo20 at wp.pl
Thu Jan 13 15:20:47 CET 2011

W dniu 13.01.2011 14:41, Matthias Klumpp pisze:
> Hi!
> I developed the Listaller Project, a cross-distro Linux software manager,
> which uses techniques like D-BUS and PolicyKit and had very similar
> problems. You can run Qt4 applications which use GLib (but only GLib!), but
> you need to call g_type_init() in the Qt application somewhere to make
> GObject work. (But only _once_, otherwise you get very strange behavior)
> This makes the application depend on GLib, but not on GTK+. I won't need my
> Listaller D-BUS daemon anymore next time, cause the required parts will get
> merged with the PackageKit project. (D-BUS in Pascal is a PAIN! I wrote a
> small set of simplifications, but it's far away from a state like C/GLib,
> where DBus is very easy to use) Projects like PackageKit, PolicyKit or
> Canberra are the reason why KDE has GLib installed in most times, so
> depending on GLib and Qt is not really a problem considering the
> dependencies.
> Cheers
>    Matthias Klumpp

Thanks for this info Matthias. Simple question:
If I use g_main_context_set_poll_func, does it matter what I return in
TGPollFunc? Can this be just 0? Documentation say:
"/Returns/ : the number of GPollFD
<http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html#GPollFD>
elements which have events or errors reported, or -1 if an error occurred"
... and I don't understand this :P

Regards