[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

alexvins at mail.ru alexvins at mail.ru
Mon Jan 10 12:32:22 CET 2011

10.01.2011 14:09, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be пишет:

> I understood that. Assuming you can make this interface (which I don't
> believe), your solution is still not realistic:
>
> And how will you make a package that uses a os-specific function OS
> independent ? (for instance, a package with a control that uses a
> WinAPI call.)

Of course nohow. But this package is not portable by desing and could be
simply loaded, load needed OS libraries and execute.
> So a package with the LCL is by definition impossible.

LCL itself is by design crossplatform. And if component developers don't
use OS and widget set functions directly the are crossplatform to.
Widget sets (and any platform dependend code) should be isolated in
separate packages, LCL application load widget set package at startup
and use it. It is only impossible to switch widget sets at runtime.

So with packages Application can use ANY widget set.