[fpc-devel] Typed constants

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Mon Mar 18 00:50:04 CET 2019

I just realized that typed constants exist and may need to be supported as constants for generics but I’ve never used them myself (not sure when they were introduced).

First test gives an error so it makes me wonder if they’re buggy and should be allowed for generics. Should they?

const
  kInt: integer = 100;

var
  i: integer = kInt;	// ERROR: Illegal expression

They don’t work for generics right now either because they appear as a load node and are not discernible from a variable. Not even sure how to know if a load node is a typed const or what these things really are.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph