[fpc-devel] Good timing metric test program?

Arnaud Bouchez webcontact01 at synopse.info
Tue Feb 26 11:19:23 CET 2019

Gareth, I like very much what you do about compiler optimizations.

 From my point of view, execution speed is the most valuable, but of course 17% of compilation speed increase is worth it!

If you want to have a big test case, and potentially find regressions, you may try the TestSQL3 project of our Open Source mORMot. It makes millions of checks, and there are timing of individual test cases available in the console log, for comparison.

See https://github.com/synopse/mORMot/blob/master/SQLite3/TestSQL3.lpi

How to setup mORMot is detailed in https://synopse.info/files/html/Synopse%20mORMot%20Framework%20SAD%201.18.html#TITL_125

If you find only some part of it interesting for your performance tests (perhaps the SQLite3 tests, or the encryption performance written in asm won't benefit from FPC optimization work), just ask and I could extract some test cases for your purpose.

Great work!
Arnaud