[fpc-devel] AVR - Patches and open bugs to consider for next stable release

christo christo.crause at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 21:43:19 CEST 2018

I would like to raise the profile of some bug reports to hopefully get
some more patches into the new stable version:

There are a two patches for the AVR target that address nuisance problems:
34317 - remove redundant compile time warning when using an interrupt.
33914 - correct DWARF pointer size to include size of address mask so
that gdb can locate SRAM addresses correctly.

Bug report 32339 requests bit constant names which are missing
(depending on the assumed usage convention).  My contention is that the
bit names as supplied by official documentation should be used, Jeppe
however expressed an alternative view. I can regenerate the controller
files if required to include or reformat bit constants (although I'm
sure Jeppe or Florian also have similar scripts).

Not a bug report but documentation request: Florian mentioned the
'section' modifier that can be used to tell the linker to place data in
specific sections, very useful if one wants to store read only data in
flash a la progmem.

FPC support for AVR has made a lot of progress over the last two years,
thank you very much to everyone involved in this effort!

Christo