[fpc-devel] NewPascal plans, Generics.Collections and FPC trunk

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:58:56 CEST 2018

fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>:

> Please note that the pnameless.pas file by Blaise does not yet have a GPL
> compatible license header and thus you're essentially violating his
> copyright with that (it's one of the points I'm waiting to be corrected for
> the final merge).

this is not true, GPL is viral licence and pnameless is affected by other
GPL modules used in pnameless. Anyway Blaise already agreed with my
acquisition some time ago so I see no violation here ( the topic "Closures
/ anonymous methods" 25.10.2016 ). I had also contact from "Scooter
Software" (with Zoƫ Peterson) and all is fine here too (eventually if I
will get some bounties for closures, then Blaise should receive proper part
of bounty). I have copy of publicly available code on GPL licence, this
code was not stolen.

Blaise will be mentioned as main author of this module I have always full
respect for original authors of any code and no one will be omitted (AFAIK
this is not required by GPL but is natural for me).

Anyway the code will be refactored, because part of the same code will be
used for further "yield" functionality.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak