[fpc-devel] targetandroid

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Wed Jun 13 17:51:52 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018, Adriaan van Os wrote:

> I have fpc-3.0.4 installed on OS X 10.6.8. In a separate 3.0.4 sources folder,
> I issue
>
> 	make clean crossall crossinstall OS-TARGET=android CPU_TARGET=arm
> OPT=-Aas-darwin
>
> and get, after the cleaning stuff, the following error

Not all combinations of assemblers and platforms are supported and work.
as-darwin is for native OSX and iOS development using clang. For Android
(as it's just a special flavor of Linux), you probably have to use the
cross GNU binutils supplied with the Android development kit, or some kind
of cross-GNU binutils for ARM (supporting EABIv5 maybe?).

BTW, it's enough if you have your android cross-tools in the path and
specify BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-android- or whatever prefix as/ld/etc has for
Android...

An additional idea would be to specify the CPU type explicitly as well,
because arm has a huge range of CPU subarchitectures which is a constant
source of confusion on arm-linux, but I don't think that's the issue here.

Charlie