[fpc-devel] Pure function Wiki page

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Mon Jul 9 03:33:10 CEST 2018

 That's something for future research.  Initially I just want to get pure
Pascal procedures working, and that's the most important since it's
cross-platform.  Analysing assembler routines will require a different
kind of interpretation, and it will likely involve only allowing a certain
subset of opcodes and dropping out if it spots a memory operand that
doesn't point to the local stack (unless it's a LEA instruction).
 For the first iteration, specifying 'pure' on a pure assembler routine
will probably just throw a warning and ignore the directive, much like what
currently happens with 'inline'.  I can see the use of pure, pure
assembler routines (that's going to get confusing very quickly!) because of
operations such as x86's ROR and BSR that don't have direct Pascal
equivalents.

 Gareth

 On Mon 09/07/18 03:07 , "Dmitry Boyarintsev" skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
sent: