[fpc-devel] Pure function Wiki page

Thorsten Engler thorsten.engler at gmx.net
Sun Jul 8 23:43:44 CEST 2018

People keep talking about keywords. As shown in the examples, pure is not a keyword. It's a context-sensitive directive. This is already wrongly stated in the proposal itself (so people can be excused for picking up on the use of the term "keyword" in the proposal) and it should be fixed (in the proposal).

And it's not redundant. You are telling the compiler: I want this function to be pure. Please tell me if I made a mistake.

Cheers,
Thorsten