[fpc-devel] Pure function development discussion

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sun Aug 12 06:19:56 CEST 2018

 I'm still figuring bits and pieces out, but I've managed to change the
checks so the error that I listed in the last e-mail only appears for
forward-declared functions, not interface + implementation, since I believe
everything gets fully defined by the time the first pass comes along.  I'm
still working out the nuances, and I just hope it all works and isn't a
clumsy feature to use.

 As for the constants, I figure the best approach is to return an error if
one attempts to use them before they are fully defined.  I think there's
infrastructure in the compiler to allow that - we'll see.

 Gareth aka. Kit