[fpc-devel] Question about Word128

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:09:17 CEST 2018

Aelita <aelita-x at narod.ru> schrieb am Di., 7. Aug. 2018, 09:53:

> Hello!
>
> My name is Aelita and for many years I have been fruitfully using your
> wonderful freepascal
> for my research in algebra, geometry and physics.
> Thank you for your inspirational work!
>
> I'm very interested in seeing the numbers Word128 and Int128 appear in
> freepascal
> (with natural operations A*B, A div B, A mod B, A xor B, A shl N, etc.)!
>
> Is there a chance that this will happen in the near future?

Using records and operator overloading you can implement them yourself. No
need to burden the compiler with it. The only disadvantage would be the
inability to use that large literals... but that could be helped a bit with
conversions from floating points,at least if full accuracy isn't required.

Regards,
Sven