[fpc-devel] What's the status of Maciej's Smart Pointer enhancements?

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 20:27:15 CEST 2018

> Maybe because your solution is simply not convincing and I wish to try and
> find a solution just a little harder ?
>
> Allow me to exaggerate the point a little:
>
> A bunch of changes are introduced, things are rammed through our throat
> which we didn't ask for and then we're told "this is the price for
> progress'.

Management operators feature was one of the point from Sven's TODO list and
was consulted with Sven, Florian and Jonas. If Sven, Florian or Jonas likes
to remove this idea I have no objections it was not my idea I am just a
modest contractor.

The FastRTTI was created on your request (not directly) because you asked
about speed comparison between FPC 1.0 and 3.0/trunk in core mailing list.
Florian asked for patch and FastRTTI is the answer for Florian request,
checked also by Sven. I don't understand your aggression and the whole
message. You was informed all the time like others in core team.

Maybe other people can contribute to a solution that satisfies everyone.

Maybe yes, probably I am too stupid :)

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak