[fpc-devel] x86-64 optimizations

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sun Sep 24 14:20:36 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Following on from an enhancement report I posted a few months ago, I decided to take a shot at learning the
nuances of the compiler's source code and programming in the improvements myself.  These don't fix any bugs per
se, but aim to reduce the code size of compiled x86-64 binaries without sacrificing speed.

The report in question, and the patch, can be found over here: https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32037

I'll be interested to hear if it works and can possibly be implemented.  This is my first code contribution to
the project, so I hope I didn't do too badly!

Yours faithfully,

J. Gareth "Kit" Moreton