[fpc-devel] Oracle CLOB and UTF8

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Wed Sep 6 14:48:21 CEST 2017

Hi,

as far as I remember I have problems (when I have implemented support
for CLOBs) you describe as well.

I do not have access to Oracle DB anymore so I can not fix it, worse I
am not aware of easy way how to get from OCI API information about byte
length (and connection character set)  ... I have never used Oracle DB
except for one period when I have fixed some errors found in our db test
suite.

There are some API functions like OCILobCharSetId(), which probably can
be used to guess "character length" based on known character set ids.

If you are aware of working solution, please submit bug report and
attach patch ...
Thanks
-Laco.