[fpc-devel] Allow record helper inheritance in Delphi mode

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 1 14:26:06 CEST 2017

Am 01.09.2017 11:51 schrieb "Stefan Glienke" <sglienke at dsharp.org>:

> What I am lobbying for in Delphi are interface helpers and helpers for
generic types in general.

> I just saw that FPC currently has the same limitation. That also on your
list?

Interface helpers are implemented in trunk for around two weeks now.

For generics the only way to support them is that you must explicitly
specialize a generic helper type. The compiler won't do any type inference
for you.
This is on my ToDo list as well (the generic helpers, not the type
inference).

Regards,
Sven