[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon May 29 17:32:59 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 17:17, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> On Mon, 29 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

Hi,

 .
 .
>> Well, all the -32 options should definitely go into trunk. Upstream
>> doesn't support anything but 32 bits for SPARC anyway and after
>> looking at the rtl/linux/Makefile.fpc, you already do this for mips32.
>
> I tend to agree in both. I still want to have the opinion of someone in
> the FPC team who feels more like a sparc-linux guy than me.
>
> (That means if there will be no response in 1-2 days, I will go ahead with
> the changes in trunk. :P)

Not that I'm the one to provide the answer, but I guess that it would be
useful to check, whether / since when the '-32' parameter is supported on
the 32-bit version of Sparc/Linux. If it hasn't already been supported (or
at least ignored ;-) ) for ages there, the minimum version supporting it
needs to be mentioned somewhere in the readme, etc., and also added to the
Wiki page User_changes_trunk, because the compiler would probably not work
for the older versions any longer after that change.

Tomas