[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon May 29 16:18:17 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 29 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Make sure to pass -L/lib32 to the linker because that's where libc6-sparc
> gets installed into:
>
> root at deb4g:~# dpkg -L libc6-sparc |head
> /.
> /etc
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/zz_sparc-biarch-compat.conf
> /lib
> /lib32
> /lib32/ld-2.24.so
> /lib32/libBrokenLocale-2.24.so
> /lib32/libSegFault.so
> /lib32/libanl-2.24.so
> root at deb4g:~#

Now, my knowledge on linking-against-libc thiings regarding FPC are a bit
rusty, but I'm quite positive we don't need the .so files there at linking
stage, but we need the accompanying .a files from the -dev package?

However, these also seem to be installed in /usr/lib32... So build running
now, lets see what happens.

Charlie