[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon May 29 14:48:16 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 14:35, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
 .
 .
> It is, but it's *pregenerated*, and committed to the SVN. The build
> process doesn't generate any Makefiles, actually. (Lets not argue now it
> is a nice practice or not, it is what it is...) To fix this, one has to
> regenerate them. But it's complicated. ;) I'm not sure if you actually has
> to fix inside fpcmake or the submitted Makefile.fpc which fpcmake uses to
> generate the actual Makefile. But by the time I get there I'll figure it
> out. One problem at a time.

It shouldn't be that difficult in this case - have a look
fpcsrc/rtl/linux/Makefile.fpc. Look at lines 147-153 (mips) and modify
lines 162-166 (sparc) similarly (obviously, not all options used for mips
are relevant for sparc, but the logic should be similar). Once done, call
'fpcmake -Tall' in that directory.

Tomas