[fpc-devel] First pas2js public release

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 22 09:09:15 CET 2017

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 21.12.2017 08:51, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> I know. But I believe such people are completely on the wrong track.
> This is, because seemingly for you (and many others), the User
> Communication is a most important part of the project and needs to be
> crafted in the best possible way regarding look and feel.
>
> OTOH, for me (and some others), the User Communication is just a means
> to tell the program what to do and to watch if it works as expected,
> while the stuff the program in fact is provided for, does not do any
> user communication at all.
>
> Hence, for the application programmer, it's desirable, that the IDE
> provides means to create a GUI that fits to the wherabouts of the
> development phase and final project with as little effort as possible.

Clearly, you see the GUI as an add-on to the core software.

Then I don't understand why you don't program it as such: a browser page
that communicates with the core business "server".

That we provide the means to make this communication as easy as possible is
of course well understood and we'll do everything to make this so.

I see this as no different from programming a system that runs as a system
service in windows: it is simply not allowed to have a GUI.
There also, you must find a way to communicate with your "service".
This is no different.

Michael.