[fpc-devel] First pas2js public release

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Dec 21 10:10:19 CET 2017

On 21.12.2017 08:52, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> because I consider it a misguided approach,
Could you elaborate why you think so ?

What I have in mind is:

  - Do a common project for both "business" and the "GUI near" code.
  - The IDE provides some means to define which parts of the codes are
to go where (in an Object Pascal system supposedly based on classes).
  - With that, interfaces are provided for the communication (e.g.
procedure calls; in an Object Pascal system supposedly class based
procedures, properties and events).
  - The IDE compiles the code appropriately with acknowledging separates
definitions for both parts to be runnable where.
  - The communication between the parts is implemented accordingly: if
it's a "local" GUI, just a normal executable is created, if the GUI is
Browser based: this part is implemented with pas2js, and the loading and
communication is implemented accordingly (if the main part is stand
alone, including a built-in web server, if the main part is to be run
behind a web server doing it as a cgi).

I do see that this is unlikely to happen, but IMHO just because lack of
dev time, not because of bad concept.

-Michael