[fpc-devel] Generics.Collections as package for Lazarus or package for FPC RTL

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Jan 27 10:51:51 CET 2016

On 27.01.2016 9:11, Maciej Izak wrote:
> Just let me know what is your plan. If you wan't it in FPC RTL then it
> will became part of sparta packages in Lazarus.

It has tu be duplicated in Lazarus anyway if you plan to use it in
Sparta code. The same was with AdvancedIPC unit.

The problem is that it first comes to FPC trunk and then it takes some
time until it appears in FPC stable. Lazarus should support 2 latest FPC
stable releases. (Although external packages don't really have to.)

And then there is the problem with duplicate unit names. The Lazarus
version of your units could e.g. use an extra namespace.

Ondrej