[fpc-devel] Debuginfo for dynamic arrays

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jan 24 15:24:25 CET 2016

Martin Schreiber wrote:
> How can we identify a dynamic array with FPC dwarf?

You can't, and ideally this shouldn't even be necessary. In the past
years, people have implemented support in GDB for Fortran and ADA arrays
that also have dynamic length counts. We should update our DWARF code to
properly describe the dynamic length location too, so GDB will
automatically do the right thing (to be enabled/disabled via a -gXXX
command line option, so the old method can still be selected for use
with older GDB versions).

Jonas