[fpc-devel] building ppcrossavr, internal error 200309041

Georg Hieber georg at ghgrp.com
Tue Apr 7 23:54:59 CEST 2015

Hello,
As during the last days a lot of changes occurred to files related to
the avr port - btw., thanks to everybody! - I wanted to build the latest
SVN version (30489). Doing "make clean all OS_TARGET=embedded
CPU_TARGET=avr", the compiler builds, but when compiling system.pp,
compilation aborts with "sstrings.inc(835,1) Fatal: Internal error
200309041". A few days ago, on 29.3., the make went through without errors.

I had this problem before, and changing the optimization level changes
the behavior. If I hand compile system.pp with -O1, the error in
sstrings.inc dissapears, but it appears as "text.inc(1232,1) Fatal:
Internal error 200309041". I also had this error before, and as a
workaround to at least compile system.pp I disabled textio. That way at
least I get a system.o to work with, but somewhere there is a problem.

I am a bit reluctant to file a bug report about this as apparently it
changes between SVN versions.

Another question: is it true that the compiler build cycle needs the
last stable version (2.6.4) to start, and won't work with a newer one
(3.1.1)?