[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Sep 26 17:48:58 CEST 2014

On 09/26/2014 05:31 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> .
>
> A parallel loop syntax is very attractive, but the practical
> difficulty is that it would probably have to sit on top of threads and
> getting code distributed promptly over multiple worker threads, i.e.
> starting up within 10s of nSec rather than 10s of mSec, is non-trivial.

Starting a new thread of course is too expensive for something like that.

IMHO, the RTL could be provided with a ThreadPool implementation (I just
did such a thingy and it seems to work nicely).

Same could be accessible by the user for more complex stuff and be used
as the infrastructure of a parallel loop syntax.

-Michael