[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Sun Sep 21 00:36:36 CEST 2014

   Hi Giuliano,

Funny that you mentioned it. Industrial automation, and process control are one of our specialties ;-) . Actually this is my major.
However I am somewhat unusual in that I have implemented in my career almost every class of application you can name, with a large number of different technologies. Yes, I have implemented process control applications 20 years ago without ref.counting and I implement them today with it, and I can assure the later makes it easier and actually faster at the end (less overhead).
Even our current line or products covers large variety of areas – we have video, audio, DSP processing components, computer vision, Artificial Intelligence, Boolean logic/hardware simulations, and much more, and we are in about to release process control library – OPC, PID, Relay controllers etc.
Aside from that I used to have my own HW company ~30 years ago, and have done a lot of HW designs many surprisingly still in use. I think I have (for good or bad) a unique overview over the full spectrum of technologies, and intimate experience with most of them.

In reality I am very dissatisfied with them all... but that is a different story, and I am working to hopefully address that in the future ;-) .

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com