[fpc-devel] VMS Pascal Compiler mode

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 21:23:22 CET 2014

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
>> I see from your reference that the compiler extends ANSI/ISO Pascal, but
>> there's no indication of whether, when it was written, it was based on
>> Jensen & Wirth or the somewhat later ISO standard. Was it written from
>> scratch, or was it initially based on something like the P6 compiler
>> which I believe was on some DEC systems?
>
> The page he referenced lists extensions to both standard and extended
> pascal. So it seems it is an extended pascal compiler.

Yes, but extended from /what/? Not having- as a particular example- P6
documentation, that list could describe something like the extensions
that P6 has relative to ISO plus a set of extensions on top of P6.

>> ** Anybody: what's the state of the -Miso mode? I don't see it in the -h
>> output.
>
> Getting fairly close for standard pascal, no extended pascal.

In that case somebody ought to check that it appears in -h output.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk