[fpc-devel] VMS Pascal Compiler mode

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:37:54 CET 2014

Am 27.10.2014 18:35, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
> Richard Apthorp wrote:
>> Hi Sven,
>>
>> Actually found that HP have a documented list:
>> http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82final/6083/6083pro_032.html#extensions_app
>>
>> I'm not sure I feel qualified to change the compiler but as I work on
>> this porting project I will be creating a list of the main changes
>> which I could then decide if beneficial to create a new compiler mode
>> for (with a lot of help I hope!!!)
>> Thanks again for your advice, Richard.
>
> One useful thing might be to create a test case for each extension as
> you find that FPC (in the default mode ** ) doesn't handle it, and to
> submit it as a bug for discussion. That would enable all the
> "tentative VMS mode" activity to be at least cross-linked.
Yes, that might be a good idea.

> I see from your reference that the compiler extends ANSI/ISO Pascal,
> but there's no indication of whether, when it was written, it was
> based on Jensen & Wirth or the somewhat later ISO standard. Was it
> written from scratch, or was it initially based on something like the
> P6 compiler which I believe was on some DEC systems?
Note: As Jonas wrote in an earlier mail you need to add Richard as CC as
he's not (yet) subscribed to the mailing list.
> ** Anybody: what's the state of the -Miso mode? I don't see it in the
> -h output.
AFAIK variadic record initialization and peeking input is at least
missing. Otherwise it should work more or less in trunk (again AFAIKā¦†.

Regards,
Sven