[fpc-devel] Building 2.7.1 on current Raspbian fails

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Oct 24 00:41:47 CEST 2014

On 23/10/14 17:43, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Vsevolod Alekseyev said:
>> There's no separate makefile for fpcmake alone, is there?
>
> No. There are more such cases, and while there are tricks for advanced
> users, like with the starting compiler version, I suggest you stick to
> the official requirement of having the full release installed.

The question here was about implementing a new target in FPC and then
regenerating the makefiles for that new target. This requires an fpcmake
built from the trunk sources.

That's not really the same as what the original thread was about though
(which was compiling FPC trunk for a target that was not available in
the previous release, but which has already been fully implemented and
integrated in trunk).

Jonas