[fpc-devel] Building 2.7.1 on current Raspbian fails

Thaddy de Koning thaddy at thaddy.com
Thu Oct 23 10:18:55 CEST 2014

That may be true, but takes tricks. The compiler from me WILL build
trunk, because it is a trunk. I do not have much time but as I stated
before i WILL update it. It just takes a bit longer. Also, I won't do a
full .deb for it, unless some helps with that. I wasn't able to do that
yet and do not have experience with package building for Debian..
My starting compiler still will compile trunk with
OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1. This is a temporary solution until 2.8 is
released and the debian guys will accept the latest stable 2.8 (which is
a long way off, I understand): debian won't accept 2.71, because it is
experimental. Raspbian follows Debeian. Debian is rightfully slow in
accepting anything but the most stable and release versions. Debian will
almost never accept anything else.

Point is: to obtain best results on the Raspberry Pi, you WILL need the
latest FPC. It is really a great compiler for the platform.

The instructions I wrote still work as of 28898 (todays checkout)

Thaddy