[fpc-devel] creating the embedded port of fpc

Jeppe Græsdal Johansen jeppe at j-software.dk
Mon Oct 13 01:00:26 CEST 2014

Den 12-10-2014 22:30, Sietse Achterop skrev:
> On 10/12/2014 08:06 PM, Michael Ring wrote:
>>

>  Thanks Michael!
>
> The following (now using armv4) works!
>
>    make clean buildbase installbase CROSSINSTALL=1 OS_TARGET=embedded
> CPU_TARGET=arm SUBARCH=armv4 BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-none-eabi-
>
>    ppcrossarm -Ch1024 -Cs1024 -Tembedded -Parm -Cparmv4
> -XParm-none-eabi- -Wplpc2124  -vu tled1.pp
>
> A final question.
> Can I generate a fpc that has both SUBARCH's armv4 and armv7m?
> Of should I create to different fpc's for that?
>
>    Thanks again, now I can start building a more complete lpc1768 and
> start on a stm32f4.
>
>        Sietse
The difference here is in the RTL. When you compile that for ARMv4 it
won't wok with ARMv7M. The cross ppc (compiler) itself is the same, but
the RTL has to be compiled for their specific targets.

You can probably have both in seperate folders if you do some define
trickery in fpc.cfg, but you would need to match some weird strings.
Haven't checked but I seem to remember that we define what
cpusettings.cputype we use when we compile? You might want to try -va
and then see if you can match some of the defines in fpc.cfg to change
directory

But in the big picture it might be an idea to implement this as a core
feature? It would be pretty nice to have the compiler be the same and be
able to target any sub architecture with a single install.