[fpc-devel] PostgreSQL SQLdb transactions

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:28:58 CET 2014

On Thursday 06 November 2014 17:10:13 Chris Dryburgh wrote:

> OK I suppose I had not gotten to the point of fully understanding how it
> worked. Well Michael's patch should work for all databases and is close
> to being put into trunk. Unless something happens porting the MSEgui
> transaction handling approach to other databases should not be needed.

I probably was not clear. MSEgui has two approaches:

1. transaction.options tao_fake, works for all databases except Firebird which
does not support implicit transactions.
2. Dataset option dso_offline, works for all databases and probably is
equivalent to the FPC patch.

1. is important for users who come from Zeos or MySQL users who update from an
older FPC version where MySQL transactions where not supported (normally they
switch to Zeos...) or Sqlite3 where explicit transactions sometimes are
problematic.

Martin