[fpc-devel] FPC and Windows Phone 8

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:03:29 CET 2014

Am 10.03.2014 13:52, schrieb Vsevolod Alekseyev:
>> Please elaborate in how far the calling convention does not match. This
> might be a bug in FPC then
>
> I'm talking about my replacement for the subset of the Pascal RTL. The
> calling code assumes the Pascal convention, the implementation is in C. They
> don't match on Intel.
Ah ok, that wasn't clear from your mail. :)
>> i386 FPC has support for MASM. Use -Amasm for that.
> I do already.
That wasn't clear either from your mail...
> I don't now remember the exact history behind each
> replacement, but here they are.
>
>   - DGROUP is a problem; I comment it out
>   - So is ASSUME
>   - The syntax of SEGMENT is different
>   - Instead of .386p I want .686p
>   - Instead of _CODE I want _TEXT
The first three might be bugs in the assembler writer... could you maybe
elaborate what the exact problems are?
Also it would be possible to couple the generation of .386p/.686p to the
selected target processor. Is there a list of valid options somewhere?
What's the difference between _CODE and _TEXT in MASM?

Regards,
Sven