[fpc-devel] DOS GUI

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Thu Jan 16 16:11:03 CET 2014

On Jan 14, 2014, at 10:11 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>> The author may also decide to declare his work as public domain - no
>> special licence is then necessary.

The only problem with the whole public domain thing is that it's not
as easy to donate things to public domain as one thinks.  Beats me
why, but there's a whole legal thing, apparently, you can't just say I
donate this code to the public domain, and then folks can do what they
like with it.  You'd think they could, but I've seen legal arguments,
entire discussion groups, and even whole web sites devoted to the
issue of what constitutes public domain, and apparently, things that
are still in copyright (regardless of author intent) can't actually be
given to the public domain (go figure).
So, agreed that some sort of mit license may be in order.
I suppose a freeware statement would work too, but I've not seen as
much information on this topic, so interpretation may be off.