[fpc-devel] Encoded AnsiString

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 7 14:07:22 CET 2014

On 01/07/2014 01:24 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> But like I said: Do not expect us to adapt the RTL to suit any
> inappropriate use of strings.

Like I said: I don't ! (With the requested behavior this comes for free
as a side-effect.)

But I do expect decent handling of "locale based 1 Byte ANSI String"
encoding variants (i.e. the functionality of pre-Unicode Delphi and of
the current fpc) _at_the_same_timer_ as_and_combineable_with_ Unicode
Strings (and at best additionally user-definable encoding schemes).

-Michael