[fpc-devel] FPC on SPARC Linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 13:15:13 CET 2014

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Joost van der Sluis said:
>>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
>> Install the libc-(devel) package. And your message is not completely
>> clear, does it compile without gdb?
>
> (textmode IDE also requires libc via ncurses)

It compiles without gdb and appears to run. There are sufficient
libraries etc. installed that 2.6.4 compiles and runs, although as I
said I've not exercised the debugger.

I'd note that 2.7.1 installation still ignores e.g.
INSTALL_BINDIR=/usr/local/bin/fpc.d/2.7.1 and insists on clobbering
anything in /usr/local/bin, hence the  fpc  binary from trunk has
overwritten the one from 2.6.4 which IMO should not be allowed to happen.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk