[fpc-devel] OS/2 and DLLs

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Dec 17 22:01:50 CET 2014

On 17 Dec 14, at 15:38, rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com wrote:
> On 12/17/2014 3:23 PM, Ralf Quint wrote:

> >> You do know that you are saying this on a mailing list of a compiler
> >> that recently gained 16-bit MS-DOS support and regained m68k-amiga
> >> support? Supporting exotic platforms is one of the strong points of FPC.
> > Not to mention that our friend probably never used or even has seen an
> > OS/2 system... ;-)
> >
> > Ralf
> >
> > ---

> Ralf, Such passion for obsolescence...
>
> What is the use case other than a hobby and pride for OS/2 support?
>
> Hopefully, FPC core maintainers are not distracted by the legacy support.

With all the respect to your opinions: If you want to discuss
potential reasons for using various operating systems (and/or
continuing support of such operating systems in FPC), I suggest that
you move that discussion to fpc-other. For now, let's stick to a
reminder that the whole FPC is a hobby project.

Tomas