[fpc-devel] Re. z370 Cross Compilation, Pass 2 of ....

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Sep 1 19:28:30 CEST 2013

On 01 Sep 2013, at 16:55, Bernd Oppolzer wrote:

> No need to answer to that ... I understood in the meantime that FPC does NOT rely on
> PUSH and POP instructions. Instead the linear assembler representation is already fully
> CPU specific.
>
> (which makes porting a bigger effort)

You really want to study the compiler sources (e.g. starting with the AARCH64 support as Florian suggested) before making such statements. There is still an abstraction between the node representation and the assembler output, it's just not an architecture-independent RTL but instead generic code generation methods that can be overridden where necessary.

Jonas