[fpc-devel] Is target mips-embedded possible / planned?

Michel Catudal mcatudal at comcast.net
Tue May 14 22:01:44 CEST 2013

Le 2013-05-14 06:13, Marco van de Voort a écrit :
> In our previous episode, Michael Ring said:
>> I did not yet invest much time in finding out if PICKit supports a
>> GDBServer, but pic32mx chips do support jtag based debugging/flashing
>> and openocd has pic32mx support. (see
>> http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=346142, implementation started
>> in 2008)
> Afaik the 16-bit too, but it carries some additional remarks that seem
> to indicate it is only partially integrated and mainly used for boundery
> scan.
>
> (I'm mostly dspicF and recently -E user but when I bought my explorer16 I
> also got a 32MX PMU)
I found the interface to open ocd to be very slow for flashing, basically useless. It might have improved since my last test. Check it on a regular basis.

I did communicate with Microchip about the debugger and they provided me with documentation on programming using the PE. As for debugging I didn't get a straight answer but will look into adding mips debugging to my debugger. JTAG MIPS debugging should be
simple.

Take note that this is work in progress, it could be a while as right now I spend my spare time on the AVR32 Pascal Compiler and getting my funtoo and Ubuntu lazarus up and running on the Odroid U2. PIC32 is my next target. I will use the Raspberry Pi,
Odroid U2 or Odroid X2 as the debugger platform. Rasphberry pi might need a command line debugger, graphic is a bit slow. Odroid U2 doesn't have GPIO access, perhaps the USB port might work fine.

Michel

--
For Linux Software visit
http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal